In Michigan, union bosses are testing a new strategy to increase their power and clout within the state. A constitutional amendment known locally as Proposal 2, or the “Protect Our Jobs” (POJ) amendment, would invalidate much of the common-sense progress that...
Detroit is a disaster area. It has endured appalling crime and official corruption for generations. It has lost 2/3 of its peak population. Wild animals roam abandoned neighborhoods reverting to forest. Its school system is such a mess that the state took it over. Before long the state may take over the entire city. But Detroit's municipal government still has a union-protected farrier on its payroll even though it no longer has horses. Worse, the farrier works not for the police department, which may once have had an equestrian branch, but for the water department, which as far as I know has never had horses. This tells you a great deal of what you need to know about unions, about Detroit, and about Michigan's government.
In Michigan, union bosses are testing a new strategy to increase their power and clout within the state. A constitutional amendment known locally as Proposal 2, or the “Protect Our Jobs” (POJ) amendment, would invalidate much of the common-sense progress that Governor Rick Snyder has made as it relates to public-sector unions, potentially overturning upwards of 170 pieces of legislation.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago