"Our system is grossly inefficient and wasteful thanks to government-caused third-party payer." You're partly right: the government creates inefficiency. (Government doesn't create wealth or jobs. Inefficiency is one of the few things it DOES create.) But for 200 years, this country did pretty well without a healthcare system. There were individual doctors and patients and corporations such as hospitals and pharmaceutical manufacturers; but there was no system. Government's attempts at creating a system where none existed and none was needed are destroying what was once the envy of the world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago