"Our system is grossly inefficient and wasteful thanks to government-caused third-party payer." You're partly right: the government creates inefficiency. (Government doesn't create wealth or jobs. Inefficiency is one of the few things it DOES create.) But for 200 years, this country did pretty well without a healthcare system. There were individual doctors and patients and corporations such as hospitals and pharmaceutical manufacturers; but there was no system. Government's attempts at creating a system where none existed and none was needed are destroying what was once the envy of the world.
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago