"Our system is grossly inefficient and wasteful thanks to government-caused third-party payer." You're partly right: the government creates inefficiency. (Government doesn't create wealth or jobs. Inefficiency is one of the few things it DOES create.) But for 200 years, this country did pretty well without a healthcare system. There were individual doctors and patients and corporations such as hospitals and pharmaceutical manufacturers; but there was no system. Government's attempts at creating a system where none existed and none was needed are destroying what was once the envy of the world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 5 hours ago