Sam Walton had a few good ideas -- keep prices low, sell to the neglected masses out in flyover country, maintain an independent fleet of trucks -- and he made a fortune. His successors have turned his company into a scale model of the federal government that it has become too cozy with. It's bloated, topheavy, bureaucratic, self-important, overrun by idiots, preoccupied with fads and shiny things, mired in political correctness, and far too dependent on China. On the other hand, consumers have a simple choice: buying cheap, toxic foreign junk at Walmart and other big-box stores or paying local retailers a lot more for the same junk. That's a no-brainer even for a lot of leftists.
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 3 hours ago