Sam Walton had a few good ideas -- keep prices low, sell to the neglected masses out in flyover country, maintain an independent fleet of trucks -- and he made a fortune. His successors have turned his company into a scale model of the federal government that it has become too cozy with. It's bloated, topheavy, bureaucratic, self-important, overrun by idiots, preoccupied with fads and shiny things, mired in political correctness, and far too dependent on China. On the other hand, consumers have a simple choice: buying cheap, toxic foreign junk at Walmart and other big-box stores or paying local retailers a lot more for the same junk. That's a no-brainer even for a lot of leftists.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 6 hours ago