The latest – if not last -- straw on the camel’s back: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s visit this week to Tehran for a conference of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM). Iran’s rulers are the world’s leading sponsors of terrorism; they are under UN Security Council sanctions, illegally building nuclear weapons while refusingto allow the...
"Is there no point at which we conclude that the United Nations [is] fundamentally, structurally and incorrigibly hostile to American values and the cause of freedom in the 21st century?" You can plot that point in 1945, when the Soviet Union received permanent, veto-wielding membership in the Security Council and three votes in the General Assembly. The UN has been worse than merely useless ever since.
Is there no point at which we conclude that the United Nations has evolved into an organization that is not just flawed, not just in need of reform, but fundamentally, structurally and incorrigibly hostile to American values and the cause of freedom in the 21st century?
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 1 hour ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago