It is fire season in the West. Reports say the early start is “not a good sign,” and forecasts claim the “combination of heat and dryness will only make western wildfires worse.” The predictions were made in the same week that US District Judge Frank Zapata made a decision to deny an emergency request by the city of Tombstone, AZ, to repair its water system damaged in last year’s Monument Fire. He doesn’t think Tombstone has a crisis. Zapata said: “Claims of a drastic water emergency related to public consumption and fire needs are overstated and...
Unfortunately it's not just WY and CO. One of the contributing factors to the out of control wildfire season of 2007 in CA was infestations pine bark boring beetles, and the inability of people to remove the dead trees. Even today, there are areas in the So Cal mountains where there are large swaths of sickly orange-brown dead trees, just waiting for the next wildfire to come through and burn them. Of course, what many of these out of control environmentalist agencies either don't realize, or care about, is that not only is there an incredible financial burden every fire season in fighting multiple large fires simultaneously, but there is the human cost in evacuations, property damage, loss of future tourism revenue, and the increased
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 13 minutes ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago