Fox News is reporting today about a newly obtained cable showing even more damning information about the situation in Benghazi, Libya just ahead of the terrorist attack on 9/11 which left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead. The cable shows there was a clear concern for safety and the developing dangers of al Qaeda in the city just before the attack occurred. An emergency meeting to discuss al Qaeda's growing presence in Benghazi was held a month before the attack and it was determined the U.S. consulate could not withstand a coordinated attack should one occur....
I know this is going to sound a little conspiracy-theory nutsy, but there has been an idea gnawing away at the back of my mind that won't go away. What if the administration intentionally left this embassy unprotected, hoping for an attack. After the attack, Obama would be able to show what a fine leader he was by launching a couple of air strikes and killing those "responsible" right before the election. However, he did not plan on a couple of heroes ignoring the "stand-down" orders, and what should have been a one hour massacre turned into a seven hour fire fight. Now Obama is stuck, because he can't explain why a rescue mission could not have been launched in 7 hours. I actually really hope I'm wrong here, but I don't know...
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago