Fox News is reporting today about a newly obtained cable showing even more damning information about the situation in Benghazi, Libya just ahead of the terrorist attack on 9/11 which left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead. The cable shows there was a clear concern for safety and the developing dangers of al Qaeda in the city just before the attack occurred. An emergency meeting to discuss al Qaeda's growing presence in Benghazi was held a month before the attack and it was determined the U.S. consulate could not withstand a coordinated attack should one occur....
I know this is going to sound a little conspiracy-theory nutsy, but there has been an idea gnawing away at the back of my mind that won't go away. What if the administration intentionally left this embassy unprotected, hoping for an attack. After the attack, Obama would be able to show what a fine leader he was by launching a couple of air strikes and killing those "responsible" right before the election. However, he did not plan on a couple of heroes ignoring the "stand-down" orders, and what should have been a one hour massacre turned into a seven hour fire fight. Now Obama is stuck, because he can't explain why a rescue mission could not have been launched in 7 hours. I actually really hope I'm wrong here, but I don't know...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago