Fox News is reporting today about a newly obtained cable showing even more damning information about the situation in Benghazi, Libya just ahead of the terrorist attack on 9/11 which left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead. The cable shows there was a clear concern for safety and the developing dangers of al Qaeda in the city just before the attack occurred. An emergency meeting to discuss al Qaeda's growing presence in Benghazi was held a month before the attack and it was determined the U.S. consulate could not withstand a coordinated attack should one occur....
I know this is going to sound a little conspiracy-theory nutsy, but there has been an idea gnawing away at the back of my mind that won't go away. What if the administration intentionally left this embassy unprotected, hoping for an attack. After the attack, Obama would be able to show what a fine leader he was by launching a couple of air strikes and killing those "responsible" right before the election. However, he did not plan on a couple of heroes ignoring the "stand-down" orders, and what should have been a one hour massacre turned into a seven hour fire fight. Now Obama is stuck, because he can't explain why a rescue mission could not have been launched in 7 hours. I actually really hope I'm wrong here, but I don't know...
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bad news from Pelosi: Republicans winning the Senate would be the end of civilization Allahpundit 3 hours ago