The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
An issue that people are not talking about is the fact that Obamacare cost to businesses will cut into their profits thus reducing taxes coming into the US Treasury further increasing the US debt.
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 31 minutes ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago