The measure, unless blocked by a judge, will take effect in six months. The health board vote was the only regulatory approval needed to become binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has strongly opposed...
In response to:
Bloomberg the Republican...oops...I mean "Independent" are like so many on the right. Control of women. Control of what we put in our bodies. Control of who gets married. Blue Laws, WHO CAN VOTE Laws laws laws. You people love them. Spying, wiretapping, TSA, Patriot Act ALL created under Bush.
The New York City Board of Health today approved Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal to ban sugary drinks that come in sizes larger than 16 oz on a unanimous 9-0 vote. This was mildly surprising considering the national controversy that broke out in the wake of Bloomberg's initial plan, but the New York City bureaucrats have never been receptive to public outcry.
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 39 mins ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago