I think we're past the point of splitting hairs. So Sanford didn't hire prostitutes. This is what he did do: adultery, lying, misused taxpayer money to enable his adultery, trespassed, and foisted the mistress on his poor kids after winning the nomination. Just because Eliot Spitzer is a bum does not mean Sanford isn't. The problem is that the Republicans claim to be better than such stuff, Democrats don't...
Remember when Elizabeth Colbert-Busch was supposedly leading Mark Sanford by nine points two weeks ago? And when the race was "tied" yesterday? Yeah, not so much. Sanford overcame copious personal baggage to regain his old Congressional seat -- and it wasn't even close. Sanford bested comedian Stephen Colbert's sister by nine points, carrying all five counties in the district. How did he pull off this cake-walk "upset"? Three explanations: Hard work, Nancy Pelosi, and the district. The Campaign Spot's Jim Geraghty
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 39 minutes ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago