Why does anybody want to give citizenship to the illegals? They don't want citizenship, all they want is to stay here and reap the goverment benefits. If they wanted to be ciitzens they would learn English, stop flying the Mexican flag on their cars and houses, and they wouldn't send all their money back to Mexico. Republicans who push immigration "reform" should be very afraid of losing the votes of those of us who want the existing laws enforced.

The Van Jones Matter

Matriarch Wrote: Nov 18, 2013 1:51 PM
Only the "Cross Fire" viewers on CNN, the new program he shares with Newt Gingrich.
Cursive writing is a casualty of Common Core. Children today are only taught to print and cannot read cursive writing.

Thoughts from Michael Medved

Matriarch Wrote: Jul 27, 2013 2:09 PM
You believe it was a bad law that acquitted George Zimmerman? Please, tell me how many times you would have let Martin pound your head on the concrete before you would have tried to stop him by any means available?
I have never been a fan of Paua Deen's, but I do admire her since she has become the victim of a witch hunt. She could have said, "I dont' recall ever using that word" (ala Hillary Clinton), but she told the truth. I think you would be hard pressed to find many people in this country who could "honestly" say they have never used a racial slur in some context. I will also buy her cookbook if some brave publisher decides to publish it. Why Capitol One keeps rude, foul mouthed, angry Alex Baldwin as a spokesperson is beyond me. I guess they've never heard that you're judged by the company you keep. By the way, I am still waiting for him to leave the country over the election results.

Real Immigration Reform

Matriarch Wrote: Jun 29, 2013 4:54 PM
There's no reason why we can't get rid of the illegals already here. Put stiff penalties on employers who hire illegals, and without jobs they will self deport. This will also improve the job market with more jobs. The employers will have to pay decent wages for American workers.

Censoring the 'Anti-Gay' Viewpoint

Matriarch Wrote: Jun 19, 2013 4:13 PM
Brilliant statement. Since when do you have to be married to commit to a monogamous relationship?

Amnesty Nonsense

Matriarch Wrote: Jun 18, 2013 8:11 PM
There would be no illegal aliens if employers were required to use E-Verify in hiring. We should secure the border forever. I assume you lock the doors to your house to avoid illegal entry and will do so forever.
Make E-Verify the law of the land with stiff penalties for employers who violate the law. If that were to happen, there would be no illegal alien problem. Any program that allows illegals to stay here is "amnesty" and will only result in millions more pouring across the border. They don't want citizenship, they just want the freebies we offer.
What makes lawmakers think that illegal aliens want to be citizens? Citizenship means nothing to them. I recently moved from Southern California where the illegals already think they own the state. They hold parades in downtown Los Angeles waiving Mexican flags and in some cases wearing bandanas to cover their faces. They block the streets and sidewalks to irritate the hard working citizens. What they don't seem to understand is that when all the hard working citizens get fed up with this they will leave California and the grave train will be gone.

Women Deserve Better

Matriarch Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:13 PM
Why do we have abortion if birth control is so widely available?