I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
My take on the law is that it was provided to force man into examining his own soul and conscience. By looking at his own failures, in the light of the divine standard, man comes to realize both his own hopelessness and the need for God's forgivness. Where the heart seeks purity and conformance, not just to the letter of "the law" but to the spirit of the law, then the law itself becomes unnecessary. It does man no good to avoid stealing if, in his core, he still coveats or lusts after someone else's good. Likewise the act of adultary is already complete when a man allows attraction to turn into lust and fantasy about a woman, not his wife. Only the inhabitation of the spirit of God can begin the reprogramming of our minds and soul
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 4 hours ago