The ban may reduce volume of fountain beverage sold. It will result not in a reduction of fatties, but an increase in prices of food, even services in a wide range of industry, both public and private. It's like killing Coal Plants on one hand, while raising electricity costs for everyone. Who hurts most? Lower income. The profit all businesses enjoy from beverage sales, specially fountain, far exceeds its percentage of sales, and is used to offset food and operations costs. Who will pay more? Everyone. Even those who buy 2 x 16 oz drinks in protest, as they will pay more than for 1 x 32 oz. Where will they pay? Almost everywhere, from parks to gas stations to museums. This is more about crippling the private enterprise biz model.
Two cups instead of one? It seems Mayor Bloomberg has forgotten what a refill is.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 5 hours ago