I read a lot of columns, so I don't know exactly where I read this recently, but someone wrote that the problems with U.S. schools today can be traced directly back to the U.N. Elites have concluded that less-educated people use fewer resources than highly educated ones. Thus, the "dumbing-down" of education (to use Phyllis Schlafly's term) is a top-down process. When I was teaching (2002 - 2005), I found out that Bloom's taxonomy was used as an excuse to keep elementary school children from memorizing things, because it is at the bottom of the taxonomy. So, even though young children have a prodigious capacity to memorize, which is lost later in life, we teachers were instructed not to drill facts into their heads. They were to use
Even though I’ve been fortunate to attend a few national conventions, I still get a thrill when I meet (for the first time) a favorite politician to whom I’ve donated money, or one of pundits that I read on a daily basis. (My wife would stop at nothing to get a picture with Bret Baier of Fox News.) Or it may be a particular speech. But at this year’s convention, my most special memory was a movie. Who would have ever thought that, for a guy from Hollywood, schlepping to steamy Tampa would elicit a big screen moment?
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 18 hours ago