As the nation debates whether to institutionalize same-sex marriage, social scientists have been weighing in -- often with a heavy hand. As Mark Regnerus, author of a new study examining outcomes for children in a variety of home environments, notes social science regarding gay and lesbian parenting has swung from "presents challenges," to "no difference" to "superior" in the space of one decade. The American Psychological Association declared flatly in 2005 that, "Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents." That prompted skepticism from...
Generalities are never valid, Kevin. It is much better for a child to be raised by a single mother than by a mother and father when the father is an alcoholic, abusers or generally degenerate. Of course, there are many children who shouldn't be raised by either or both of their parents.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago