Thank you Ben Shapiro. I have been reading and listening to you a lot.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago