Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
You may gave written a good article but I never got past the first page. We never fought a civil war over slavery. We fought a civil war over the south seceding from the union and therefore the country losing the vast income that the union lost because of that action.
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago