Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
You may gave written a good article but I never got past the first page. We never fought a civil war over slavery. We fought a civil war over the south seceding from the union and therefore the country losing the vast income that the union lost because of that action.
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama will not go quietly in 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago