Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
You may gave written a good article but I never got past the first page. We never fought a civil war over slavery. We fought a civil war over the south seceding from the union and therefore the country losing the vast income that the union lost because of that action.
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago