Previous -1 - 6

There Ought Not to Be a Law

Maryann45 Wrote: Aug 15, 2012 11:16 AM
If this was a perfect world I would be a Libertarian too but I am aware of the fact that isn't. Therefore we need armies, government and controls.

Can a General Call Suicide "Selfish"?

Maryann45 Wrote: Jun 05, 2012 11:15 AM
I had a grandson that commited suicide after his second tour in Iraq. He was diagnosed as having problems but was so busy supporting his family he didn't take time to get the help he needed. Unfortunately his seven year old son found him when he came home from school. The boy is now getting help with his problems fortunately.

The Old Lady in Black

Maryann45 Wrote: May 27, 2012 10:57 AM
Mr. Greenburg must be somewhere around my age to have the same type memories of that war time. It was nothing directly affected me and my understanding. I have a couple of uncles gone somewhere, my parents complained about no sugar for their coffee, I saw cars with no tires running on the rims but I was young enough to not realize that was not normal. I remember the day it was over and the sense of relief the entire country seemed to feel. I am certain a world war would mean a whole lot more to me today and certainly hope I nor no one else ever sees it.
I believe we are going to have the results of one of two outcomes. Either Obama wins by a crooked election or if Romney wins martial law will be put in force before he can take office.

What If Zimmerman Walks Free?

Maryann45 Wrote: May 22, 2012 12:22 PM
Where is he going to be safe if he is declared innocent?

Is Your 5-Year-Old Transgender?

Maryann45 Wrote: May 22, 2012 12:16 PM
I too wanted to be a boy from the time I can remember. Fortunately for me none of the modern thinking existed. I felt for many years it was a man's world and women certainly were the underdogs. Finally around age 40 I discovered being a female had many benefits and at least since it was a man's world I wasn't responible for the shape it is in!

'The Defining Issue of Our Time'? Hardly

Maryann45 Wrote: May 07, 2012 11:36 AM
You may gave written a good article but I never got past the first page. We never fought a civil war over slavery. We fought a civil war over the south seceding from the union and therefore the country losing the vast income that the union lost because of that action.

Bad to Worst

Maryann45 Wrote: May 06, 2012 11:36 AM
As an Independent I did not vote for either leading candidate last election. I did vote but not for either of them. Look what we got!!! I feel I must vote for Romney this time even though he is not the greatest things since sliced bread. If we take over the Senate and keep the House of Reps, providing we get rid of a whole lot of RINO's we can turn things around to some extent. I fear greatly for the future of a country I was always grateful to have been born in.
Previous -1 - 6