Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
The middle class create jobs? Really, with what resources do the middle class create jobs?
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago