Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
The middle class create jobs? Really, with what resources do the middle class create jobs?
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago