Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
The middle class create jobs? Really, with what resources do the middle class create jobs?
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago