Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
The middle class create jobs? Really, with what resources do the middle class create jobs?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago