Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
The middle class create jobs? Really, with what resources do the middle class create jobs?
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 58 minutes ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 3 hours ago