Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Not sure Dems really want spending reductions, they seem to believe all will be cured with taxes on the rich, reflecting a total misread of our economic probs. Sad really, when so many of the electorate fall for such nonsense. Pres Obama is not stupid, he knows better but is not preparing the populace for the truth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 6 hours ago