Medicare's cuts will be implemented by changing the way fees for the diagnostic procedures are calculated. Instead of reimbursing neurologists for each nerve analyzed, the new billing codes...
There are some of us, Seniors, that do not want to use more medical care than is extremely important. My doctor is advised by my Medicare Advantage program that I need certain tests, etc. annually. These I am forced to do, but some of them I refuse. I take one prescription for pain & wish God would help me to get rid of that one. After many years working in hospitals and nursing homes, I know the consequences of medications and doctors over compensating for real care of their patients. Of course, the main problem is ATTORNEYS and their mal practise suites. If we could curtail that there wouldn't be as many tests, etc.
Neurologists are about to feel the sting of the Affordable Care Act. Beginning Jan. 1, Medicare will be paying them less for electrodiagnostic procedures used in identifying and treating a wide range of nerve and muscle disorders. Reimbursement rates for some tests will be slashed by more than 50 percent, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services estimates that payments to neurologists overall will shrink by 7 percent next year.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 12 hours ago