Ummmm Jack, apparently you haven't watched Nat Geo's Border Wars, I'm on the border Jack, they are still COMING OVER in droves! 100 at one safe house in Edinburgh, TX, 20+ killed in one truck on Texas 59, and on and on here, don't kid yourself, they are especially coming over now that the air is crackling with an amnesty! They say they don't cost us anything, that's a lie, it only takes ONE anchor baby for the rest of the familia to quality for subsidized housing, food stamps, etc, the other 9 illegal family members get on the gravy train. AND Chuckie "cheese Schumer says we don't need to secure the border before proceeding on the "pathway to citizenship" for the MILLIONS here, then don't forget they lobby for "family unity".
"Enforcement first" has become the mantra of conservatives opposed to comprehensive immigration. However, what opponents refuse to recognize is that illegal immigration is under better control today than at any point in the last half century. Last year, net immigration from Mexico was zero -- as many immigrants (legal and illegal) left the United States as came here. The flow of illegal immigrants has plummeted in the last few years -- down to the lowest level since the 1970s. What's more, the Obama administration has deported more illegal immigrants than any previous administration since the Great Depression - including 450,000 last...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago