Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago