Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
OK, but where were the number of LEGAL immigrants in this number, 125,000 each month, so lets say he has been in office 41 months x 125,000 = 5, 125,000 MILLION, I'm sure all of them were not age eligible to work, BUT WHY IF we are in the crapper do we keep bringing 1.5 MILLION legal immigrants a year? Where are the jobs for OUR citizens? This doesn't even count the 10 to 30 million illegal aliens present AND working in this country, but wait, they won't be illegal for long, Chuckie cheese Schumer and Luis Guiterrez are working on an amnesty for our illegal "friends".
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 13 hours ago