Mob Rule Economics

Mary393 Wrote: Sep 13, 2014 10:41 AM
Excellent article, Mr. Sowell! My experiences were similar to yours. I sort of grew up in a cotton patch where I earned $4.00 for a 10 hour day during chopping time, and a few cents per pound of cotton I could pull - NEVER did pull 100 pounds in a day. I knew when I was 15 years old that I HAD to know how to do something better than chop and pull cotton. There were not any of the resources readily available as today, but I knew to start out at something that wouldn't cost me much but would earn me more than that job I did as a youngster. Retired now. Never on unemployment, never on welfare, never without a job when I needed one. Never had to claim bankruptcy, never had to beg on the streets for anything. Never got wealthy as far as money goes - always wealthy in knowing my self, my capabilities, my shortcomings, my relationships with others. Could this mean that kids who had to DO things as youngsters were the lucky ones as opposed to those who had to do NOTHING? The kids who had to DO responsible things learned what they DID NOT WANT TO SPEND A LIFETIME DOING nasty chores and strove to rise above that level of self dependency. That then led them to strive to make better lives for themselves.

Support Obama’s New ISIS Plan

Mary393 Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 8:10 AM
Problem is that so very many people are proud fools. I know that because I argue with them every day. Their ears are closed, their minds are closed, and they are totally without souls.

Support Obama’s New ISIS Plan

Mary393 Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 8:05 AM
Grannylake, I agree with your first paragraph completely, but your second paragraph,while right on target as to NEED, is impossible. Obie has been in office 6 years and to date we cannot even make him follow the US Constitution, or the laws of the land. We cannot make sure he does diddly. Neither can we make sure any of the fools in DC do their jobs, or earn their salaries. I think it important to note that the citizens of the world, in Russia, China, England, Argentina, Bolivia, Ireland, and the U.S. et al have virtually NO SAY IN THE GOVERNMENTS OF THEIR COUNTRIES. We "elect" these "leaders" in crooked elections, they swear to uphold the laws, and that is where the interest in the citizens ends and that is where the citizens completely and totally have no more control. It has become crystal clear that the ordinary citizen of every country on earth has precious little say in how he is GOVERNed (CONTROLLED), and the problem always gets WORSE, NEVER BETTER. Once we elect controllers, we ARE the CONTROLLED and the ones we elect are our rulers. We are not governed; we are ruled.
I'd be interested to know how many really believe voting has a single thing to do with who gets in office? How many Americans truly believe we have honest elections?
I don't know how that mental midget became important for anything anywhere, but her rise to stardom was a severe blow to civilization as a whole and especially to decent people. The entire Democrat Party is comprised solely of bums, whiners, and gutter snipes. Frankly I will never believe the DNC has a single person on board who is certifiably sane.
"President Obama told a friendly crowd that the GOP says “no” to everything. The GOP issued a formal, two-word, response: “Nah-uh!”" I say THANK GOD! I disagree with everything that comes out of DC and to hear that the GOP says "no" to everything is very encouraging. Everything Congress does is an assault on our lives and well-being. Who in the world would want to enable that?! If you continue saying "no", GOP, I might return to the flock and rejoin the party! Now all they need to begin is saying "no" to big government and collectivism.
Big government LOVES big government. It DID, in fact, grow itself. I don't think anyone in DC wants to tackle it and I don't think there is anyone on the outside that Big government would pay the least bit of attention to. DC, government is its own little nation that is USING OUR nation as they playground, and we are footing the bill - at least for NOW. I'm seriously wishing ALL TAXPAYERS WOULD REBEL AND NOT PAY INCOME TAXES. The only reason they won't do that is that then the government would own EVERYTHING THAT INDIVIDUALS HAVE WORKED AND SWEATED FOR. Our government has become overly oppressive, and I do wonder when the stuff will hit the fan. I consider our government rogue and unconstitutional in the way it now operates. I don't feel it is MY country any more. I LOVE MY country, and I want to live in it once again and be able to recognize it. I DON'T recognize it now - haven't since little Barry arrived on the scene and began the rapes of it that are on-going.

World's Greatest Shakedown Artist

Mary393 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:30 AM
I agree! The real Mafia had character and was reliable. This Administration has no character to speak of, no reliability, no soul. Actually I would more content to have the Mafia running America than this fool. At least the Mafia's goal was NOT TO DESTROY the finest nation in the world. Barry's goal obviously IS.

It Takes a President

Mary393 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:18 AM
You can say what you will, but G.W. Bush is so much more a President, so much more a man, and so much more a good person than little Barry, that to even suggest otherwise is insanity on parade. Bush made some mistakes, John Kennedy made some mistakes, Abraham Lincoln made some mistakes, Clinton made some mistakes, FDR made some mistakes, but NO ONE HAS BEEN AS EVIL AND HATEFUL AND WORTHLESS AS OBAMA BABY. He DELIBERATELY set out to do as much damage as could be done in the time the voters allowed him the Presidential chair, and he told us upfront he was going to do just that - and he has accomplished every evil deed he could think of.

It Takes a President

Mary393 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:12 AM
You are so on target, John, that it is darned near painful. If one tries to think of ONE SINGLE THING Barry has done well, other than snooker half the nation until they actually got to know him, one must accept he has not improved one single solitary thing in America, but has decidedly make lots of things a LOT WORSE. Most of us are anxious to see the end of his reign so we can quit worrying what his next little scheme will be. The man is a walking disaster. I don't mind his mania for golf because it keeps him out of mischief - it's the only time we are free of his inane comments and disastrous EOs. I miss George W. Bush so much! He is a real person - I'm not sure exactly WHAT Barry is. I don't think he knows what he is either. I think his thinking processes have been totally warped.