European countries are on par with US states, and the US equivalent to the European continent. Even the Europeans haven't yet degenerated into the level of statism of America. Hitler and Napoleon tried, but guns didn't work. The elites in the US were smarter, as they used economics as an effective weapon of controlling the masses. Now the US debt per person is higher than Greece's. History will not be kind to us, as socialism has always ended in poverty and lack of freedom, every time it has been instituted. It's just the 20th century's version of kings, where the aristocracy of today is comprised of corrupt politicians and their cronies.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago