European countries are on par with US states, and the US equivalent to the European continent. Even the Europeans haven't yet degenerated into the level of statism of America. Hitler and Napoleon tried, but guns didn't work. The elites in the US were smarter, as they used economics as an effective weapon of controlling the masses. Now the US debt per person is higher than Greece's. History will not be kind to us, as socialism has always ended in poverty and lack of freedom, every time it has been instituted. It's just the 20th century's version of kings, where the aristocracy of today is comprised of corrupt politicians and their cronies.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 9 hours ago