European countries are on par with US states, and the US equivalent to the European continent. Even the Europeans haven't yet degenerated into the level of statism of America. Hitler and Napoleon tried, but guns didn't work. The elites in the US were smarter, as they used economics as an effective weapon of controlling the masses. Now the US debt per person is higher than Greece's. History will not be kind to us, as socialism has always ended in poverty and lack of freedom, every time it has been instituted. It's just the 20th century's version of kings, where the aristocracy of today is comprised of corrupt politicians and their cronies.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago