European countries are on par with US states, and the US equivalent to the European continent. Even the Europeans haven't yet degenerated into the level of statism of America. Hitler and Napoleon tried, but guns didn't work. The elites in the US were smarter, as they used economics as an effective weapon of controlling the masses. Now the US debt per person is higher than Greece's. History will not be kind to us, as socialism has always ended in poverty and lack of freedom, every time it has been instituted. It's just the 20th century's version of kings, where the aristocracy of today is comprised of corrupt politicians and their cronies.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 12 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 15 hours ago