Myths spread by government's Prussian-model schools have continued. Only the curious who actually search for the truth see it. Thank you, Dr. Williams, for the courage to speak the truth. Lincoln is only one among many, including the demonization of Rockefeller and other industrialists as 'robber barons'. Joseph McCarthy was a victim of the same thing, but only if you've read the translated Verona Papers from the Kremlin do you discover it. When anyone uses the term 'McCarthyism' he divulges his ignorance. Gaidar's "Russia: A Long View" is the study of civilization through the ages as it affected Russia. However, it is enlightening for anyone curious about why the war in the 1860's happened.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago