Our Republic's Constitution is not a list of ideas politicians may ignore to the point of impeachment. Our Constitution is a system laws politicians must obey as they perform their duties in office. If they do not obey those laws, they are committing criminal acts and are liable to arrest. However, the people who would arrest them are other politicians who fear such actions, or those who are controlled by the errant politicians and fear the politicians. The only cure for this problem is a people's advocate group that does not at present exist. The politicians under those circumstances are likely to get away with their crimes. That is why we must vote for people of good and lawful character for public office. Marvin Fox
My wife and I were driving to the Baltimore Washington Airport on the morning of September 11, 2001 when the news broke about planes being hijacked and intentionally crashed into iconic American buildings. I still have the airline tickets. Like millions of other travelers, we drove home, five days to Colorado under skies absent of contrails.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago