Pat Nixon declared herself pro-choice after the 1973 court case Roe v. Wade, making her the first First Lady to do so. Prior to the court decision, her views on abortion were a bit more mixed. In 1972 she stated, “I'm really not for abortion. I think...
I think there are a lot of people who wish we didn't have abortions but are uncomfortable having the government force that position.
Last week, Ann Romney proudly told the ladies of The View she is pro-life. What some may not know, is that she would be the first First Lady in the White House to defend the life of the unborn since the 1973 court decision of Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 19 mins ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 59 mins ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago