Pat Nixon declared herself pro-choice after the 1973 court case Roe v. Wade, making her the first First Lady to do so. Prior to the court decision, her views on abortion were a bit more mixed. In 1972 she stated, “I'm really not for abortion. I think...
I think there are a lot of people who wish we didn't have abortions but are uncomfortable having the government force that position.
Last week, Ann Romney proudly told the ladies of The View she is pro-life. What some may not know, is that she would be the first First Lady in the White House to defend the life of the unborn since the 1973 court decision of Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago