In the recent issue of Newsmax magazine, I am quoted as saying that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for the GOP ticket. And in many ways he still would be a superlative choice. Huckabee...
Your proof is in Article 2 Section 1. There are two conditions for being president: (1) "natural born Citizen", or (2) Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution. What you are doing is removing the phrase "at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution". You cannot simply ignore words that are inconvenient. Since anyone under condition (2) is now presumably dead, that leaves "natural born Citizen", and the 14th Amendment does not define that term.
Yes, this column is based out of Florida, so it would seem that an opinion piece suggesting that Marco Rubio makes the most sense for vice president on the Republican side would normally appear to be "home cooking." But until recently, there have been plenty of reasons to believe that perhaps other names made more sense as a choice for Mitt Romney.
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 14 minutes ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 54 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 3 hours ago