In the recent issue of Newsmax magazine, I am quoted as saying that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for the GOP ticket. And in many ways he still would be a superlative choice. Huckabee...
Your proof is in Article 2 Section 1. There are two conditions for being president: (1) "natural born Citizen", or (2) Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution. What you are doing is removing the phrase "at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution". You cannot simply ignore words that are inconvenient. Since anyone under condition (2) is now presumably dead, that leaves "natural born Citizen", and the 14th Amendment does not define that term.
Yes, this column is based out of Florida, so it would seem that an opinion piece suggesting that Marco Rubio makes the most sense for vice president on the Republican side would normally appear to be "home cooking." But until recently, there have been plenty of reasons to believe that perhaps other names made more sense as a choice for Mitt Romney.
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 3 hours ago