If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Paul Rondeau is absolutely right, a multitude of our constitutional rights are under attack or have already been repealed. The answer? Don't take it sitting down. Don't just complain about it, do something to help. Educate your friends, neighbors and family in conservative and constitutional principles. Watch what your representatives in Congress are doing and if they are violating the Constitution, call their office, or show up in person. Go to one of their local public events and tell them they are violating their oath of office, and that you will work to fire them. Then do exactly that, and support those who really will stand up for the Constitution. TAKE ACTION. Don't just talk and complain. Take action before it is too late.
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago