President Obama is still in campaign mode, traveling...
I have always felt it somewhat refreshing to be in a damned-if-I-do damned-if-I-don't situation. It frees me to do whatever the hell I feel like doing because, hey, it doesn't matter. I will be demonized whatever I do. That is exactly the situation the Republicans are in with the "fiscal cliff" talks. No matter what they do, they are going to end up being cast as the villains by the Democrats and their accomplices in the MSM. By the way, forget Mr. Hunter's suggestion about the Republicans paying for ads trying to convey their message to the public. The public just rejected them last November 6th.
We’ve all heard about the “fiscal cliff.” But what does it mean? The media won’t bother to explain it in any detail, and people aren’t looking it up on their own. So, a great many Americans think it’s a physical place, a vacation destination of some sort. I understand people are busy with their lives, but a majority of Americans just voted to re-elect President Obama, a man whose failed leadership created this harmonic convergence of economic mess that is the fiscal cliff. So I say, “To hell with it; let’s jump.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 18 hours ago