The Coming Christian Revolt

Mark in CA Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 1:27 PM
Seems a moot point to me, Eric. Isn't pagan a general term that includes atheists. Anyway, a god doesn't have to be be Zeus, Odin, Shiva or whatever. A person can consider themselves to be their own god. A lot of atheists worship the god Science.

The Coming Christian Revolt

Mark in CA Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 1:23 PM
How is refusing to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding or refusing to photo shoot it interfering with the rights of homosexuals? Is it reasonable to force a Christian baker or photographer to do the job?

What should I do with my 401(k) now?

Mark in CA Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 5:04 PM
There is a formula to figure out the benefit of dollar cost averaging. I don't know it off the top of my head but you can probably do an internet search to find it.

What should I do with my 401(k) now?

Mark in CA Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 5:01 PM
Mr. Gunderson, I'm perplexed. You say you don't believe in Asset Allocation. However, investing in any vehicle, be it stock, bond, commodity, real estate or anything else is, by definition asset allocation. It sems you may mean that you do not believe in asset diversification being as how you claim you are 100% allocated to stocks. However, there are reputable financial advisors who advocate asset diversification as the best way to capture market gains while minimizing market losses. Furthermore, there is back testing research that indicates such strategies do just that. You claim you have been fully invested in the market since it bottomed out in March 2009. If weren't fully invested in it prior to that I congratulate you on having been lucky enough to time the market and dump your money in to it when it was at a trough. the odds say people who try to time the markets usually fail. But you suggest you follow trends and move in or out of the market as you see those trends developing and before they hit a peak or trough. Perhaps that works very well for you. But I would like to know the track record of your investment strategy.

Step Right Up to MTV's Incest Plot

Mark in CA Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 2:20 PM
The producers of this show are gay activists. Of course they want to erode healthy boundaries. If the entire culture is perverted no on is going to think twice about practicing homosexuality.

Step Right Up to MTV's Incest Plot

Mark in CA Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 2:18 PM
Just do what I did. Cancel cable service. I can stream pretty much anything I want to watch for much cheaper than what cable offers. That plus free, digital TV are enough entertainment choices for me.
Good Lord! You can't identify obvious sarcasm?
I would welcome atheists coming to protest in front of my church. It would provide me an opportunity to exercise my free speech rights by witnessing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to them.
Spot on, oldtexgal. Pride goeth before the fall. Unrepentant arrogance eventually leads to a fall. I pray the country does not fall with this man.
Finally Dante, like you, many many people throughout history have prognosticated the demise of Yahweh and His ordained order for things. So far, all such prognostications have failed to materialize.