Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
I'll bet there were some German Jews who, after the fascist Nazi cabal of Hiler, industry, their press and other media constantly blaming "Juden" for all the countries problems believed it ralyy was their fault. We have a fascist cabal in this country headed by the obysmal won, the odious hairy reid, and san fran nan pigosi, along with most of the media, unions, and the parasite class. So why are you even calling the House plan a flop? I think Boehner should get it passed and send it to the Senate so it's in their hands when the base of the cliff is reached, since we went off the edge years ago.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 4 hours ago