President Obama and Governor Romney battled to a draw on foreign policy points tonight, with each candidate scoring on several lines. As expected, the discussion meandered into domestic policy for a large portion of the evening, and both men came prepared with a flurry of talking points. Romney needed to strike casual viewers are informed, poised, and plausible as president. He accomplished that task, without question. The president often seemed like the aggressor, hammering his challenger in almost every answer he gave. Romney coolly chided Obama, explaining that attacking him (especially dishonestly) doesn't advance any solutions. The candidates found themselves...
In response to:
I think Romney's performance was masterful. He wasn't playing to the talk radio crowd, but to the Moderates. His vast knowledge of the facts was so incredible, he actually talked about a future 5 point plan, his rebuttal of the auto bailout made Obama looked incredibly stupid, finally, his final jab about the economic failure of the last four years, and then an immediate cut to Obama's closing statement touting how wonderful the last 4 years has been, made O look naive. Great job President Romney!
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago