My wife stayed home to raise the kids. She worked part time when we needed the money but then I was home at that time. My wife is once again at home and here is the funny thing she found over the years. If she told people whe was a "stay at home" mom, she was treated with much disdain. However, if she chose instead to say she was "retired" then she was treate as special.
Yes, yes, we know that the President is working hard to consolidate support among female voters -- but Obama adviser Hilary Rosen's remarks about Ann Romney "never work[ing] a day in her life" are cynical, shameful, appalling, divisive and above all . . . ignorant. They constitute the newest iteration of the long-running, ugly and gratuitous left-wing attack on women who have made the very important choice to stay home in order to raise their children themselves.
Perhaps the most insulting implication of Rosen's remarks (from which she shows no sign of retreating)...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago