In response to:
We'd be a lot better off if we had that obama instead of the one we got!
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago