But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
John, that is too simple and honest for liberals to get because they aren't after maximum revenues for the least cost of collecting those revenues. That is what is so dangerous about this current group of liberals, they focus on fairness not collecting needed money for the gov't to operate. This allows them to gain power over groups which is the real motivation of today's liberals. It is dangerous territory for liberals if taxation is about raising revenue - that leads to a simple tax system, reducing the size of the federal gov't, and reduced power of the politicians.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 2 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago