Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 8 hours ago