Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 19 hours ago