Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 16 hours ago