The State of the Union Address (SOTUA) is now last week’s history. Nearly every aspect of it has been fully dissected. For example, the National Taxpayers Union (NTU) has done a line-by-line analysis of what they call the “most expensive and widest ranging State of the Union Address yet.” They found that the “quantifiable agenda items” in the President’s proposals “weighed in at $83.4 billion.” The NTU called the efforts to combat climate change the “most costly single agenda item”—citing a “version of the ‘cap-and-trade’ bill to which Obama referred in his speech was priced at $282.4 billion...
In response to:
Well, thanks for the affirmation. I received an email from a reader calling me an idiot and accusing me of being jealous of Obama's greatness.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 13 hours ago