It is fire season in the West. Reports say the early start is “not a good sign,” and forecasts claim the “combination of heat and dryness will only make western wildfires worse.” The predictions were made in the same week that US District Judge Frank Zapata made a decision to deny an emergency request by the city of Tombstone, AZ, to repair its water system damaged in last year’s Monument Fire. He doesn’t think Tombstone has a crisis. Zapata said: “Claims of a drastic water emergency related to public consumption and fire needs are overstated and...
In response to your question about whether or not any of this will change with a new administration, please read this column of mine to see what a difference change at the top can really make: http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/maritanoon/2012/05/01/al_armendariz_is_being_crucified_for_obamas_sins
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 9 hours ago