The Petulant President

Marion69 Wrote: Jul 06, 2014 9:26 AM
The best explanation I have heard so far. It has always amazed me that so many bought into the "smartest man" scenario that would have his college records sealed. The first time I heard him speak I knew we were in trouble, he has a wonderful sounding voice and makes a lot of promises with no mention of costs or how to make those promises come true. He truly is what we in the west call a Bull Sh..er!
One televised meeting with the Senate, he was snarky and childish enough to tell John McCain "I won, not you". Typical 6th grade behavior. Not nearly as classy as Obama evidently thought it was.
This has nothing to do with refusing birth control, it has to do with refusing to pay to take a life of an unborn human fetus (baby).
First of all, the feds should have absolutely nothing to say about what benefits a company does or does not provide to a worker. Second women should be grateful that easy forms of birth control are now manufactured and available. That wasn't the case even as late as the 50s. Let's face it oral contraceptives are simply not that expensive and the person wanting them could actually take some responsibility for paying for them. Absolutely no one should be forced to provide or pay for a drug to take a life even an embryo.

America's Birthday

Marion69 Wrote: Jul 01, 2014 9:15 AM
We have reached a low point in our country when we no longer protect our borders nor the American people who live near them, when it takes a SCOTUS ruling to say a business has the right to refuse to provide the means to kill an unborn child. Individual responsibility has gone out the window for those who demand that other folks provide what they want....and worse elect politicians who will give it to them.
I think the people would be happy with no Saturday delivery, the ensconced employees racking up benefits, not so much. I agree with Jims Jab, it is past time to quit the junk mail or at least charge heftily for it. Also end freebies form congress and anyone else getting it. It might be time to take a look at their benefits and how much they contribute.

Let's Repeal Freedom of Speech?

Marion69 Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 9:07 AM
Actually limiting spending to 10 grand would be fine, just make it in tandem with absolute term limits never to exceed 12 years total in house and senate combined, then end all benefits except health insurance (Obamacare for Dems) and Social Security. I don't believe congress has to depend on the Social Security that they force the rest of us to pay into all our working lives, before deciding they can't afford to allow us to get any back.
You are absolutely correct. We see it over and over again. I thought Liz Cheney stood a chance in Wyoming, but the establishment zoomed in on her like a mad bee. I have no real problem with Enzi, except we badly need to end lifetime office holders.

Playing a Name Game with the Redskins

Marion69 Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 8:08 AM
Sounds great! That will give the PC crowd something new to chew on!

Playing a Name Game with the Redskins

Marion69 Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 8:06 AM
Very well said Doctor. I love the insistence by the politically correct that American Indians be called "Native Americans". News flash people, everyone born in the US and actually in both North and South America are "native Americans".

A Lame Duck Country?

Marion69 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 9:47 AM
Sadly, you are so right.