As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
Bear Trax Wrote: 4 hours ago (11:14 AM) "....keep caving in, and we'll act in 2014 by staying home in greater numbers than 2012." SO, Bear Trax, What you're saying is that YOU'RE one of the TRAITORS on "our side" who voted by default (staying home) to let Obama stay in office for 4 more years and continue his efforts to destroy this nation. Do I have that right? WHY DID YOU DO THAT??? Was it because Romney's a "Mormon" and you'd rather have the country destroyed than let an evil "Mormon cultist" into the White House?
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 10 hours ago