Mr. Folly, Let's say you are the CEO of a multinational corporation that hires tens of thousands of people (I'm sure it's a stretch, but try, ok?). You need to hire a thousand workers to start a new business area. You can (1) hire in US and commit yourself to hugely expanding health care costs per worker, (2) hire in US but don't offer health care and commit to open-ended future penalties (taxes), or (3) hire in some place like Bangalore, Penang, Shanghai, etc. and avoid the health care costs entirely. Whaddaya think yer going to do, eh? Whaddaya think they are doing now as we speak?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 9 hours ago