Mr. Folly, Let's say you are the CEO of a multinational corporation that hires tens of thousands of people (I'm sure it's a stretch, but try, ok?). You need to hire a thousand workers to start a new business area. You can (1) hire in US and commit yourself to hugely expanding health care costs per worker, (2) hire in US but don't offer health care and commit to open-ended future penalties (taxes), or (3) hire in some place like Bangalore, Penang, Shanghai, etc. and avoid the health care costs entirely. Whaddaya think yer going to do, eh? Whaddaya think they are doing now as we speak?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 6 hours ago