Mr. Folly, Let's say you are the CEO of a multinational corporation that hires tens of thousands of people (I'm sure it's a stretch, but try, ok?). You need to hire a thousand workers to start a new business area. You can (1) hire in US and commit yourself to hugely expanding health care costs per worker, (2) hire in US but don't offer health care and commit to open-ended future penalties (taxes), or (3) hire in some place like Bangalore, Penang, Shanghai, etc. and avoid the health care costs entirely. Whaddaya think yer going to do, eh? Whaddaya think they are doing now as we speak?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago