Mr. Folly, Let's say you are the CEO of a multinational corporation that hires tens of thousands of people (I'm sure it's a stretch, but try, ok?). You need to hire a thousand workers to start a new business area. You can (1) hire in US and commit yourself to hugely expanding health care costs per worker, (2) hire in US but don't offer health care and commit to open-ended future penalties (taxes), or (3) hire in some place like Bangalore, Penang, Shanghai, etc. and avoid the health care costs entirely. Whaddaya think yer going to do, eh? Whaddaya think they are doing now as we speak?
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago