CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
If "he" feels our pain, why is he perpetuating it?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 9 hours ago