CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
If "he" feels our pain, why is he perpetuating it?
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 15 hours ago