Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
I'm not a big fan of Mitt Romney for various reasons, but I believe this morality argument is exactly the reason why we need to vote for him. I don't think his morality is perfect, given some of his business ideology of running up debts in a business and then taking huge profits for himself, but we simply cannot reelect Obama and expect things to get better.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago