"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
As usual you are right on . People are still tribal though . They are looking for a Leader . Capitalism didn't need "leaders" . It relied on creative individuals ( even females ) to pursue their own self interest . So , in the U.S. there was peace and prosperity . Socialism takes away the thrill of individual success and makes way for a dictator ruling the populous . That's where the West is nowdays . Next might be a revolution here too . We already had the Occupiers , to give us a taste of what is to come .
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago