So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
You got that right.
- Great news: Another wave of health-plan cancellations on the way? Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Are you ready for Bush/Paul 2016? Allahpundit 50 minutes ago
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago