So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
You got that right.
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 14 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago