So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
You got that right.
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 4 hours ago