So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
You got that right.
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago