When the spark strikes a powder keg of ethnic, sectarian and nationalist conflict, the tragic answer is yes. This week marks the 100th anniversary of the start of the First Balkan War (October 1912 to May 1913). It was the second in a series of three wars that led to the great and not quite...
The loss of Iran to the Ayatollah was still fresh in the minds of the American people when I interviewed an Arab professor to write an article for my college newspaper. Basically he told me that that Muslim men in the Middle East are born, bred and reared primarily for the purpose of conducting war. He could not see that changing in the foreseeable future. Now it is more than 30 years later and not only has the situation not changed, it now has a name. That name is jihad. www.MusingsbyMarian.com
Montenegro's Oct. 8, 1912, declaration of war on the Ottoman Turkish Empire and its Oct. 9 attack on neighboring Albania, an Ottoman protectorate, stunned Europe. Montenegro, a military midget, attacking Albania, another poor and backwater Balkan nowhere? Can a tiny statelet like Montenegro spark great havoc?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago