The explosion of debt has not been because of roads, space program, stc., but largely because of entitlement spending. You set up a straw man that you could easily knock down. Many companies cut back on their own research spending when the government started handing out contracts for wide ranging projects. And too often, as in bureacracies, the objective eventually becomes continuation rather than problem solving.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 5 hours ago