The explosion of debt has not been because of roads, space program, stc., but largely because of entitlement spending. You set up a straw man that you could easily knock down. Many companies cut back on their own research spending when the government started handing out contracts for wide ranging projects. And too often, as in bureacracies, the objective eventually becomes continuation rather than problem solving.
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago