The author said: "At some point, there will no longer be any low-interest credit available to continue letting Santa Claus run the U.S.; the interest owed on existing debt will exceed tax revenues." I just don't see how that is possible. By the time Barry's term is over, the debt will be 20 trillion dollars. Today the interest rate is only 2%. Let's assume that in 2016, the interest rate will be the average rate of 5%. That would mean the interest on 20 trillion would be 1 trillion. That is about 80 billion a month. Our tax revenues are about 225 billion a month. Isn't 225 more than 80? Of course, if we have a recession and/or interest rates go up, then it is possible.
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 45 mins ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago